Widely used in mines and quarries, feeder breakers mainly perform three functions:
- Due to their large capacity, they enable ore from the upstream shuttle to be poured at maximum speed and stored temporarily.
- To spread the load thus produced in order to supply the downstream conveyor belts with a regular flow.
- To break the blocks and reduce them to a size compatible with the width of the belts.
The operation and efficiency of the downstream handling installation are greatly improved, providing:
- Possibility of using a narrower belt
- Longer belt and roller lifetime
- A reduction in the power and size of the secondary breakers
In the case of very large blocks, it is possible to install two breakers in series on the same extractor conveyor, the first performing pre-crushing and the second producing the required grain size.